Elmwood College is a training and test centre for the Construction Plant Competence Scheme, one of only two in Fife. The scheme operates as a standard setter for training and recognising the competency of plant operators. The CPCS works in conjunction with Employer Federations and industry clients to operate construction sites that are both safe and free from health hazards.
We can also design courses to meet your individual requirements. We endeavour to be responsive to the needs of our customers, so do not hesitate to discuss your requirements with our specialist staff. If candidates have prior expereince, we will tailor our course to reflect that experience.
The College is also an accredited training centre for the National Plant Operators Scheme.
Below are listed a selection of the courses we offer.
180 Degree Excavator Courses (10 Days) - Above and below 5 tonnes
360 Degree Excavator Courses (10 Days) - Above and below 10 tonnes
Forward Tipping Dumper (4 Days)
Ride on Roller (4 Days)
Telescopic Fork Lift (5 Days)
Rough Terrain Fork Lift (5 Days)
Industrial Fork Lift (5 Days)
Agricultural Tractor (3 Days)
Abrasive Wheel/Stihl Saw Training
Course Internal Verification
Training is carried out at Elmwood Campus Farm by qualified professionals.
* Minimum numbers apply to all courses
* Additional days training can be added to courses in required
* Construction plant candidates must have passed the Health and Safety Touch Screen Test prior to their course commencing (within 2 years of their course commencing)
* CPCS Initial Training can be carried out on a customer's premises with their own equipment where CPCS criteria are met. CPCS Intial Testing must be carried out in a CPCS Registered Centre
* NPORS Training and Testing can be carried out at customer's premises using their own equipment providing Npors criteria are met.
For further details on any of our plant operator courses contact Linda Murray Tel. 01334 658868 or email email@example.com.