The SRUC Elmwood Campus residence is situated on the main campus within easy walking distance of all amenities. The 72 single-bed study bedrooms are contained in a 3-storey wing of the building. Each room contains a wash-hand basin, wardrobe, desk and chair and is provided with pillows and a duvet. Off each of the 6 corridors housing the bedrooms there is a bathroom, a shower, 2 toilets and a service room with cooker, electric kettle and refrigerator.
Contact Margaret Paisley, Residence and Student Union Manager, on (01334) 658878.
- Private room, bed linen, washing facilities, desk, room key, internet connection
- Overnight 'on duty' cover by residence wardens from 11.30 pm to 8.00 am
- TV lounge with Free View and Lounge Room in Student Union with Sky TV
- Utility Rooms (for cooking)
- Buzz café bar - hot food, snacks and sandwiches served until 10.00 pm.
- Licensed to serve alcohol to students over 18 years of age to 11.00pm
- The Refectory is open Monday - Friday until 5.45 pm for the provision of meals and snacks
- Laundry and Ironing Room (coin operated washing machines and dryers)
- Pool Table (in Student Union)
- Sports facilities in the main building.
Games Hall open 12.15 pm - 1.00 pm daily, Tuesday 5.00 pm - 5.30 pm, Wednesday 12.30 pm - 4.30 pm, Thursday 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm. Football, Badminton, Table Tennis, Aerobics, Basketball, Weight Training are available.
(All dates and times subject to variation).
* Student Union open on Monday to Friday from 9.00 am - 11.00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 2.00 pm - 11.00 pm.
* Buzz Café Bar open on Monday to Friday 10.00 am - 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
and Saturday/Sunday 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm.
RESIDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Refundable deposit - £200.00 for Full-Time Students, £10 for Block Release Students
- Towels and personal toiletries
- Pan's, cutlery, plates and mugs for own use when using Utility Room
- Washing powder for automatic washing machines in laundry
- Students are requested to bring a passport sized photograph with them. This is required for the Residence ID Board.
TV LICENCE REMINDER
With more and more students living away from home now having televisions in their rooms, TV Licensing has launched a campaign to remind them that their sets must be licensed.
The rules are clear - students away from home require a licence for their TV whether watching in halls of residence or in private accommodation, but students who own a battery-operated set are covered by the licence at their parents' address.
Students may only require the licence for nine months because in the summer they live at home, but they can get a refund for any unexpired quarter.
Information on ways to pay can be obtained by calling 08705 763763.
Each and every student staying in the Residence has the right to enjoy comfortable and trouble-free accommodation, and regulations have been drawn up, to ensure that the rights of the student are respected equally.