The college residence is situated on the main campus within easy walking distance of all amenities. The 72 single-bed study bedrooms are contained in a 3-storey wing of the building. Each room contains a wash-hand basin, wardrobe, desk and chair and is provided with pillows and a duvet. Off each of the 6 corridors housing the bedrooms there is a bathroom, a shower, 2 toilets and a service room with cooker, electric kettle and refrigerator.
Contact Margaret Paisley, College Desidences Manager on (01334) 658878.
- Private room, bed linen, washing facilities, desk, room key
- Overnight 'on call' cover by residence wardens from 11.30 pm to 8.00 am
- TV lounge and Lounge Room in Student Union with Sky TV
- Utility Rooms (for cooking)
- Elmo's - hot food, snacks and sandwiches served until 10.00 pm
- College Refectory is open Monday - Friday until 5.45 pm for the provision of meals and snacks
- Laundry and Ironing Room (coin operated washing machines and dryers)
- Pool Table (in Student Union)
- Sports facilities at main College building. Games Hall open 12.15 pm - 1.00 pm daily, Tuesdays 5.00 pm - 5.30 pm, Wednesdays 12.30 pm - 4.30 pm, Thursdays 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm. Football, Badminton, Table Tennis, Aerobics, Basketball, Weight Training are available. (All dates and times subject to variation).
- Student Union open on Monday to Friday from 9.00 am - 11.00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 2.00 pm - 11.00 pm.
- Elmo's Coffee Bar open on Monday to Friday 10.00 am - 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm.
Residents Must Provide
- Refundable deposit - £80 for Full-Time Students, £10 for Block Release Students
- Towels and personal toiletries
- Pans, cutlery, plates and mugs when using Utility Room
- Washing powder for automatic washing machines in laundry
- Students are requested to bring a passport-sized photograph with them. This is required for the Residence ID Board.
TV Licence Reminder
With more and more students living away from home now having televisions in their rooms, TV Licensing has launched a campaign to remind them that their sets must be licensed.
The rules are clear - students away from home need a licence for their TV whether watching in halls of residence or in private accommodation, but students who own a battery-operated set are covered by the licence at their parents' address.
Students may only need the licence for nine months because in the summer they live at home, but they can get a refund for any unexpired quarter.
Information on ways to pay can be obtained by calling 08705 763763.
Each and every student staying in the Residence has the right to enjoy comfortable and trouble-free accommodation, and the Regulations have been drawn up, therefore, to ensure that the rights of the student are respected equally.
Conditions of Let
- Admission to the College Residence will be for the College Session (36 weeks). Students who wish to leave the Residence before the end of the academic year must provide a suitable replacement tenant or be liable for all costs.
- Full-time students are required to make a deposit of £200.00 on their arrival. This deposit will be refunded, less any costs at the end of the College Session.
- Accommodation is granted for the academic terms of the College Session only.
- If a student is absent from the Residence while on College work experience, a charge for room only will be made.
- Residence charges for each term must be paid in full by the end of each said term.
- The college reserves the right to require a student who has been expelled through disciplinary procedures to withdraw from the residence with a minimum of 7 days notice, unless they are deemed a danger to staff or other students. In the event of a student voluntarily leaving their course, the same rule applies.
- College or Residence staff cannot accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, a student's belongings and it is recommended that students take out their own insurance to cover this eventuality.
- If you are a full-time student you must register with a local doctor and advise the College Residences Manager or Supervisor.